I jumped at the chance of this lovely bureau that I saw come up on Freecycle, it was from a lovely couple who we seem to regularly swap stuff with, she had intended to "updo" it but hadn't got round to it. It's earmarked for our eldest's bedroom, she's currently got a dressing table that's to big for the space and gets so cluttered, this will enable her to pop everything away and close it all up....nice and tidy......who am I kidding??
She didn't want the inside painting (thank god as its so fiddly) but the outside had a couple of under coats of matt emulsion and then 2 coats of a chalky finish paint. I've popped a layer of beeswax over it just to give the paint a bit of protection but I'm sure it will be looking very shabby, very quickly.
What do you think?



that looks brilliant. I have one similar that was my nans and is starting to look a bit tatty. Might think about doing this to it. x
ReplyDelete