In my bid for a smaller heating bill this winter I thought I'd stock up on some snuggly jumpers...I headed off to ebay and found a bargin beauty.....or did I?
When it arrived I was less than happy....the fit was all wrong (the packaging was dire too - but that's another story)...the label states one size, the measurements suggest 3 sizes smaller!!!!
The problem was I still loved the snugglyness and the neckline...so off to the trusty sewing machine.
I sewed two vertical lines about 2 inches apart up the front to the neck, cut the jumper open and finished the edging off with a decent hem.
It worked!
The neck line still drapes and it now sits like a cardi with the top button done up.
(please excuse the unironed white top underneath - needed something to show the finished effect!)
VEry cool - looks remarkably similar to something being sold by Next ;o)
ReplyDeleteGood grief, does that mean for once I might be "trendy".
ReplyDeletewhat a clever lady you are! looks fab
ReplyDelete