I've not posted for ages, mainly as I haven't done anything of note to post about but also as I've been laid up with the mother of all sinus/chest/ear infections....but I know I'm on the mend as I've been itching to do something.
Thanks to my Aunts over-producing tomato plants I had a glut to use up...what better way than chutney!
The smell was amazing and I'm very much looking forward to it being ready to eat.
Next on the list, thanks to a glut of apples donated by the parents and a huge amount of blackberries that have grown over our back fence, was a huge vat of blackberry and apple wine...it's sitting in a bucket, doing what it should and looking lovely.
There was a few lb's of apples left over so I had a hunt around for something to use them up....Apple Chilli Jelly! Yummy....well I hope so anyway. I had to improvise with muslin and sieves in the absence of a "jelly bag" but it did the job and it's now cooling on the side. The chillis are suspended in it's jellyness and the colour is stunning.
No comments:
Post a Comment