Saturday, 11 August 2012

Bootfair booty



We're avid booters in this family, we do love a good rummage but this years bootfairs have been pretty much a washout.

This weekend however is warm and dry so we thought we'd have a trawl around a local one.

The girls went off and together and came back armed with bags full of clothes, they both love retro and vintage stuff so bootfairs are ideal, two very happy girlies for not a lot of money.

I picked up this gorgeous duo - I love the way their toes are all spread out with pleasure - a very common site in our house.


Here's some of the rest of my haul, a really substantial log basket - Its bigger than it looks here and it will be ideal by the fire side.  The minature dresser/shelf unit was £1!!  It's pretty ropey in places but a sand down, a few coats of something lovely and it will be transformed, although I've no idea as yet where it's going or what it will be holding.




The wool - well I struck lucky earlier in the year and was given a knitting machine - I've never got the hang of knitting so I'm itching to give the machine a try, I just needed to look out for wool.  Well today I found wool by the box load, literally.   That's just over half of what was in the box and I got the entire lot for £10.  Thats a lot of knitting and crocheting.


A closer picture of the dresser - it's so sweet.
In the little bags on it's shelf are a couple of pairs of really retro 60s/70s toy making eyes and a bag full of noses.  I shall have to sort out some of the old toy patterns I have and see what I can come up with.

So a good haul today and even better news is that there's even more bootfairs tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment