This is a blanket I finished last summer - it was great fun to do as the little squares stacked up quickly.
I wanted something bright and Wilkinsons came through with the yarn. It was something silly like 99p a ball and washes fantastically.
Quite a deceptive picture, the colours are almost neon in reality and the blanket sits nicely atop a double bed.
This is a blanket I'm working on currently, it's using the aaron wool that was a special offer in Aldi a few months ago. They four colours blend really nicely and as its chunky aaron it's really heavy and warm. I'm just going to make this one a lap blanket size as I want to use the rest of the wool to do another smaller squared blanket like above.
I keep a blanket on the back of the comfy chairs in the conservatory as we often sit out there in the evenings to gaze at the stars, the blankets are great for snuggling into, even Jasper agrees.
Tilly seems quite impressed too!




No comments:
Post a Comment