A while ago I posted a picture of my half finished hexi-patchwork. I decided that I really, really should get stuck in and finish it.
But in typical "me" style I was so busy putting the blasted thing together that I didn't pay attention to placement and it's now gone a bit squiffy - unless I take it all to bits I can't put it square.
So it's still sitting in my cupboard unfinished. I can't bring myself to take it to bits, but I'm also unwilling to put anymore work into it at the moment. Maybe I'll find the patience in a few years time?
This time I'm going to plan it better! I've used smaller hexis and so far I've got 28 of these panels made up - I'm going to use a soft buttery cream fabric as a hexi strip between panels (when I find the right sort of buttery cream fabric that is). It will become a quilted throw - it really, really will.
And of course, as I can never just focus on one project at a time, I've been picking up some gorgeous fabrics for the next quilt. These are all sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases that I've picked up at charity shops or boot fairs. Aren't they just so pretty?



I'd love to be able to do that - I don't think I've got the patience though. I keep buying little squares off ebay in Cath Kidston materials (I love them), but haven't got around to doing anything with them yet. I was hoping to make a square patchwork with a sewing machine, rather than the Hex's and by hand. That was the idea anyway. Maybe when I retire. LOL
ReplyDelete